There is an increasing number of alerts and reported outbreaks of foodborne viruses in food of non-animal origin. Viruses mostly associated with viral foodborne illnesses and outbreaks are Norovirus (NoV) and Hepatitis A virus (HAV).
Noroviruses have been recognized worldwide as a leading cause of foodborne gastroenteritis over the last decade. HAV causes very severe inflammation of the liver (hepatitis). However, HAV is mainly a problem in developing countries and should be taken into consideration when importing food products originating from these countries. The WHO provide a map with an overview of the estimated Hepatitis A virus prevalence.
A broad range of foods have been implicated in NoV/HAV foodborne outbreaks:
- shellfish (e.g. oysters, mussels), crustaceans and their products;
- fruits - mainly berries - and vegetables (fresh and frozen);
- unpasteurized fruit and vegetable juices;
- ready-to-eat food.
There is actually no European legislation in place for Norovirus and Hepatitis A virus in fresh produce. However there are scientific opinions made by EFSA.
Our detection procedure is optimized for a real-time PCR instrument with FAM (detection of norovirus GII, HAV), HEX (detection of norovirus GI), and ROX (detection of Process Control).
For the samples, we talk mainly about fresh produce and fruits and about processed fruits and vegetables.
We are the first lab in Bulgaria that to have ISO 17025 accreditation for virological analysis (Hepatitis A and Norovirus) in food and feed.
În 2018 Primoris Bulgaria este închis în zilele următoare:
- 1 mai - Ziua Muncii
- 7 mai
- 24 mai - Ziua Sf. Chiril și Metodie
- 6 septembrie - Ziua Uniunii Bulgare
- 24 septembrie
- 24 decembrie - Ajunul Crăciunului
- 25 decembrie - Ziua Crăciunului
- 26 decembrie - a doua zi de Crăciun
As from now on, Primoris is also your partner for high quality and accredited analyses on 3-MCPD, 2-MCPD and glycidyl esters (GE) in vegetable oils and fats.
Începând cu data de 29 ianuarie, extindem serviciile noastre cu analize extrem de fiabile și acreditate ale hidrocarburilor din uleiurile minerale (MOH) din alimente:
- MOSH: hidrocarburi saturate din ulei mineral
- POSH: hidrocarburi saturate oligomerice poliolefinice (strâns legate de MOSH, POSH & MOSH sunt întotdeauna raportate împreună)
- MOAH: hidrocarburi aromatice din uleiuri minerale
On August 21st we add the analysis of the tropane alkaloids atropine and scopolamine to our portfolio. These analyses are relevant for customers that work with millet, sorghum, buckwheat, nutritional supplements, (herbal) teas, legume vegetables, pulses, oilseeds and derived products.