Commission Regulation (EC) N°1881/2006 of 19 December 2006 is setting maximum levels for certain contaminants in foodstuffs.
This regulation lays down the maximum limits for certain contaminants in food in particular to protect the health of the most sensitive population groups, i.e. children, the elderly and pregnant women.
The following contaminants are covered:
- mycotoxins (aflatoxins, ochratoxin A, fusarium toxins, patulin and citrinin…),
- metals (lead, cadmium, mercury, inorganic tin),
- 3-monochloropropane-1,2-diol (3-MCPD),
- dioxins and dioxin-type polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs),
- polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs),
- erucic acid,
Other related EU Directives and regulations: